How to get it right in kids bedrooms, guest bedrooms and other bedrooms spaces. Known as ‘secondary bedrooms’, there’s lots to know to get it right.
This episode is all about secondary bedrooms. “Secondary bedrooms” is the terminology I use to refer to any bedrooms that aren’t the main bedroom.
These can include:
- Nurseries for infant babies and toddlers
- Kids’ bedrooms, for kids as they grow into their teenage years and beyond
- Guest accommodation for friends and relatives that may come to stay
- Bedrooms for elderly family members who may move in at some point – either temporarily or permanently
- Bedrooms for any other people you may have live in your home – such as a nanny or au pair
I share the four F’s and how to use them to get it right in these bedrooms. And, I also identify key mistakes and big design tips to help you design great bedroom spaces.
You will probably find too that this podcast episode will pose a lot of questions to you.
When it comes to family homes, some choices are really personal, and about how you need to live in your home. These choices will be about who lives in your home now, and who might be living in your home in the future.
So, I take you through the various things to consider when determining how to include these bedrooms in your home.
And I share mistakes to avoid and key design tips for all types of secondary bedrooms.
Listen to the podcast now, and learn how to get it right. It’s a chunky episode so I hope you find it super useful!
And if you want to learn more about how to design your home, I’ve created a special (and free!) e-guide for you. It’s called “How to Design a Home: 5 Simple Steps to Getting it Right”.