How can Project Management help your renovation or new build? And what does a Project Manager do on a single residential project?
Riye Arai-Coupe from Bluebird Property Partners tells us what role they play, how they help, and shares great tips on how to simplify your renovation or new build.
This episode is a great lesson in what professionalism looks like in the renovation and building industry. Both guests are experienced and passionate about their projects and clients, and helping them get the best results for their projects.
My first guest on this episode, is Riye Arai-Coupe, of Bluebird Property Partners in Brisbane. And my second guest is Sarah Heys, owner of The Built Element, a Maitland based, boutique building business you can learn more about Sarah by heading here.
At Bluebird Property Partners, Riye is a Client-Side Project Manager. She helps busy property owners to coordinate their renovations and new builds from start to finish.
Most of Bluebird’s clients come to them because they want to renovate but they don’t know the first place to start – or they have some knowledge but just don’t have time to execute the project – between their day jobs and family commitments.
Riye says this …
“As a Project Manager, we take a broader view of the project rather than the individual components. For example, we not only consider your design (functionality, look and feel), we also manage your budget and cost allowances, project timelines, risk profile and the end-user needs. While the right design is imperative, we take a holistic approach to the entire process.
Essentially we are responsible for the overall successful delivery of the project – to achieve the project objectives, on-time and within budget. And as a client-side Project Manager we are your personal representative and always act in your best interest. Basically, we are your advocate”
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE HERE:
Riye is a highly energetic and knowledgeable property expert. She has worked in development management for many years, including almost a decade at Mirvac, where she oversaw the industry-leading Waterfront Newstead project. Riye also serves with the Property Council of Australia and currently sits on the QLD Diversity Committee. She is highly respected, and an extremely well-connected and detailed professional.
Riye has completed a range of tertiary studies including an Advanced Diploma in Building & Construction (Management), Bachelor of Applied Science (Property Economics) and holds the Bluebird QBCC Builder – Project Management Services Licence.
After a long and successful career in property development, Riye left the corporate world in 2018 and founded Bluebird Property Partners with another female development professional Claire O’Rourke. They started Bluebird because they wanted to help people realise their property dreams.
Riye and Claire know that renovating and building can be one of the most stressful processes in a person’s life. They wanted to remove that stress and help make the process more enjoyable!
Bluebird is an all-female team and thus like to think that they work with their clients and on each of their projects in a way that is not commonly found in the industry. Not only do they have the experience and expertise, they offer a highly transparent, personalised and thoughtful service to their clients and treat every project like it is their own.
I ASKED RIYE ARAI-COUPE, BLUEBIRD PROPERTY PARTNERS, THESE QUESTIONS …
- How does your big industry and development experience help homeowners doing a renovation or new build project?
- How do you explain what your role as Project Manager is, and how you help?
- How do you help a client formulate their project brief, and ensure it’s based on their overall vision for their future home?
- How do you help clients find a designer? Do you have specific criteria about choosing an architect, or building designer, for a project?
- How do you charge for your services?
- When it comes to the construction process itself, how do you ensure the project runs smoothly?
- As a Project Manager, what would be the one thing you’d tell homeowners before they start their renovation or new build to help them avoid drama and mistakes?
Riye’s extensive experience shows in how she describes the process of guiding a project, and helping a client achieve a great outcome – on time, and on budget.
Listen to the episode now. And be sure to get in touch with Riye to let her know you heard her on Undercover Architect, and to thank her for all she shares!!
In the full interview, Riye shares some key knowledge on …
- how they ensure projects are designed on budget, with no nasty surprises
- how closely they work with the designer and client during the design phase, and their involvement in design decisions
- the key to collaborative teams that work well together
- her tips for interviewing a builder to choose one well
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS PODCAST:
Visit Bluebird Property Partners Website >>> CLICK HERE
Like and Follow their on Facebook Page >>> CLICK HERE
Follow them on Instagram >>> CLICK HERE
Check out their LinkedIn Profile >>> CLICK HERE