How do you create a healthy home that supports your well-being?
And how important is a healthy home in a sustainable design approach and family lifestyle?
Kate Hamblet of Balanced Architecture and Kyle Macht of Macht Architecture are awesome in this interview, generously giving loads of tips and strategies to help you create a sustainable, healthy home.
I can’t wait to introduce them to you, So, let’s dive in. First, meet Kate Hamblet.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE HERE:
Kate is owner and architect at Balanced Architecture, and she’s a licensed architect and sustainability expert.
Balanced Architecture is a residential design studio that puts wellness and sustainability at the heart of every project. As a wellness architect, she designs fresh, modern structures and spaces that nourish the body, the mind and the earth. Her mission is to guide people to make their home environment as healthy as possible and to turn their homes from an unwelcoming environment to a healthful retreat.
Kate is also the founder of “Balanced Home, Balanced Life”. This is an online resource that helps and teaches homeowners how to create healthy homes of their own that supporting their well-being and lifestyles in a sustainable way.
With well over a decade of architectural design experience, Kate has the expertise to guide families toward the creation of a home they will fall in love with, all while keeping them safe and encouraging a healthy lifestyle. She has the passion to improve others lives in the same way her own was improved when she created her own healthy home.
Kate’s also provided a special resource for the Undercover Architect community. You can access that here
I ASKED KATE HAMBLET, BALANCED ARCHITECTURE, THESE QUESTIONS …
- How do you define a healthy home?
- What I’ve been really interested in since following you is that designing for wellness isn’t just about the materials and products you choose, but a whole approach to creating your home. Can you talk more about this?
- What are some of the things homeowners don’t understand when they go about building or renovating that can cause big issues for their health and well-being?
- You talk about designing spaces so you enjoy using them more, and this being part of your wellness strategy. Why is this so important? (Your story of not enjoying come home, cooking etc, was what shaped this question).
- One big question I get is ‘where do I start?’ Homeowners find that when they start researching low tox and sustainable materials, products and finishes for the exterior and interior of their homes, it’s a minefield of info and greenwashing. Do you have some key criteria to help homeowners sift and filter?
Plus we discuss lots more! Kate has some fantastic insights and advice to share, so make sure you listen now.
Listen to the episode now. And be sure to get in touch with Kate to let her know you heard her on Undercover Architect, and to thank her for all she shares!!
This podcast is an edited version of the full interview, which now is featured inside my online course “The Welcome Home Course” for American homeowners.
In Kate’s full interview, she has some great tips for …
- how to design for New Hampshire’s climate and choose appropriate materials
- what to know about indoor air quality for your design
- how to choose a suitable contractor to support you in creating your sustainable, healthy home
In “The Welcome Home Course”, I’ve teamed up with award-winning American architect, Eric Reinholdt, to create a specific course for American homeowners.
If you’re planning your renovation or new build, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and confused about the best way forward.
Many homeowners make the mistake of diving in, and fall for all sorts of terrible advice as a result. And the journey becomes far more stressful, expensive and time consuming as a result. And their finished home never lives up to the dreams they held so dear.
When you have the steps to follow, the map for your journey ahead, you can then move confidently towards that future home you’re dreaming of, and not waste any time or money.
When you know that step-by-step system has been created over decades of experience in hundreds and hundreds of family homes like yours, you can save so much stress in your project, and create a home that works and feels great.
And when you have the steps, as well as professional know-how, design knowledge, tools, resources, and guides, you can shortcut your journey, enjoy your experience, and avoid the heartache and drama so many experience.
If you’re keen to make your journey simpler, be confident that the home you’re dreaming of is achievable, and know the steps to get you there … ‘The Welcome Home Course’ is the way.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS PODCAST:
Visit Balanced Architecture’s Website >>> CLICK HERE
Follow them on Instagram >>> CLICK HERE
Check their Pinterest Profile >>> CLICK HERE
And Facebook is here >>> CLICK HERE
Kate’s also provided a special resource for the Undercover Architect community >>> CLICK HERE